Friday, May 1, 2015

Evaluation of Prepress and Print Production

For those of you that don't know, Prepress and Print Production refers to preparing files for printing so they don't print out looking insane. This class focused on using Adobe InDesign, which is a program made specifically for page layout. 

In this class there was a particularly annoying student that everyone hated. I refer to her a few times in this survey. This particular student is a typical dumb blond stereotype. She has the brat voice and complained constantly, often about how she hates creating things even though she is studying to be a Graphic Designer. She also told the professor that she hated his class, and she tried to bribe the professor and other students to do assignments for her. 

How can this class be improved?
Well the first thing that comes to mind, is to not schedule it at 8:00 am. As a creature of the night this made me feel slightly homicidal, which made me snippy about assignments, and much less tolerable of my classmates. I'm thinking of one classmate in particular, but I'm fairly certain that the entire class has mutual feelings toward this particular individual. I feel like if this person had been thrown out or at least muzzled in some way, that would have improved the class. 

What were the greatest strengths of this course?
I actually learned a lot about print preparation, and I feel like I learned more about InDesign. I've gotten to the point where I feel physically ill when someone gives me a file that really should have been put together in InDesign. So I guess this course has given me a new source of nausea that most people won't understand, which further ostracizes me from the general public. But I suppose using the words nausea and ostracizes in the same sentence has a similar effect. 

What were the greatest strengths of this instructor?
His ability to refrain from punching students (well, one student. Let's be honest) directly in the face. Way to keep your job, sir!

No comments:

Post a Comment