Friday, May 1, 2015

Evaluation of Publication Design

Publication Design refers to designing things with multiple pages, like magazines and such. That is what this class focused on.

How can this class be improved?
This class was a lot of work. For the final project, I spent an average of 8 hours a day working on it for a week straight. This made me a little insane, and made me have a similar temperament to a rattle snake being poked with a stick. I think if we started the final project a little sooner this wouldn't have been as much of a problem. Or maybe I should manage my time better. I dunno. Between staring at the wall and drawing cartoon pyromanic pigs, my schedule is pretty full. If I could attach a photo of pyro pig, I absolutely would just to prove how busy I am. (For the purpose of this blog a photo of pyro pig is below. Fingers crossed they add a photo attachment option for class surveys in the future.)


You're welcome.

What were the greatest strengths of this course?
I liked that we had time in class to get constructive criticism from the professor and all the students. That helped a lot, and I feel that that helped move my designs in a better direction. I also feel like the printer should be given some credit. That printer was spitting out full color stuff all the time in multiple classes, and kept going strong. Someone really should award it with trophy of some sort. Or give it some ink or something. Whatever it is you give to well behaving printers. I've never owned a well behaved printer, so I wouldn't know.

What were the greatest strengths of this professor?
She related to the students well. She was easy to talk to and get advice from. I asked her a few times for some ideas for my designs, and she is very good at thinking of things on the spot. Her ideas for my designs always improved them in some way. I also liked that she kept a pretty relaxed environment in class while we were working. Nothing beats watching Anna Kendrick and John Krasinski lip sync battling while working on layouts. My hat is off to you, madame (I'm not actually wearing a hat, but we can pretend. I prefer we pretend it's a sombrero).




No comments:

Post a Comment