Thursday, January 5, 2012

Movies with Lindsay: The Muppets

I saw this movie a few weeks ago with my ever faithful companion Kristen in theaters. The movie itself was great, but some fellow movie watchers were as enjoyable as a needle in the pants. Mainly the children. Kids in a movie theater don't always go over so well. Before the movie started, one particularly hungry (and presumably homeless) child was shoveling popcorn like a diabetic maniac with insulin. This was a terrible struggle for me, as my instincts were shouting at me to slap the popcorn out of the kids hands. As I sat there sinking in my seat and trying to refrain from tearing the arm rests out, the movie began and the sticky little muncher shut up.
The next child was far less irritating than the first. About halfway into the movie, a kid screamed, "CAN WE GO HOME?!?" The mom quietly hissed, "Don't you want to finish the movie?" I don't know what the kid said, but all I heard was, "Mushaganashoodoopey" This of course caused me to believe I was thrown into a Sims game, and I had to whip my head around to see the video game character. Unfortunately, it was too dark for me to see the Sims character which means I missed out on a UFO finding event, as it's not everyday you hear a Sims character.
In the row behind us were the two most obnoxious gigglers of all time. Someone pulled a slightly odd face in the movie, and the witches cackled historically. This earned the bozos several whip around and glare moments from me, of course as I never miss out on an opportunity to be polite.
The actual movie was really good, especially because of my favorite characters, the Moopets who are hideous rip off characters of the Muppets.
I think it's obvious to see why they're my favorite. 
Overall, I recommend this movie. It was good for some laughs, and surprisingly did not have an entirely predictable story line.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the auspicious writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it. Look advanced to more added agreeable from you! By the way, how could we communicate?
    Timberland Women's Earthkeepers Mount Holly Tall Lace Duck Boot

    ReplyDelete